Orrington's Citizen of the Year!
Alden Bustard is the
2021 Orrington Citizen of the Year
Orrington's 2021 Citizen of the Year
Sergeant Alden Bustard is a 27-year veteran of the Maine State Police. He is recognized department-wide as a seasoned patrol supervisor and hardworking member of the Maine State Police. He comes to work every day with an unparalleled work ethic and leads by example for the people he supervises. He is respected and admired for commitment to displaying and living up to the Maine State Police Core Values of Integrity, Fairness, Compassion and Excellence.
• Appreciation for all who serve as Law Enforcement
Officers in these times.
• Assisted Orrington in the Options Committee to build
our Public Safety Building.
• Often seen assisting Orrington citizens in need.
• From Aroostook County, resides in Orrington.
• Served in the United States Army.
• Joined State Police in 1994 as part of the 43Rd Maine
State Police Recruit Training Troop.
• Patrolled in Troop J covering Washington and Hancock
• Awarded Trooper of the Year for the Maine State Police
in 2002. It is the highest individual honor a trooper can
• Promoted to patrol sergeant in the State Police in 2009.
• Received State Police meritorious service award in 2013
for saving a man in Trenton who attempted to kill
• Transferred to Troop E as a patrol sergeant and has
served here since 2015.
Orrington Citizen of the Year
2013 Carolyn Howard
2014 Henry Wiswell
2015 Harry Hanscom
2016 Judith Gillis
2017 Alan Baker
2018 Bob Glidden
2019 Bob Lobley
2020 Bob Phillips
Nominate someone special for the 2022 Orrington Citizen of the Year!
Email your nominee's name with a paragraph or two about why you are nominating him or her to: email@example.com
Deadline is June 1, 2022