Orrington Old Home Week
July 15-24, 2022
Old Home Week’s mission is to celebrate Orrington’s rich past, vibrant present and bright future with former residents, friends and neighbors. It will showcase the best of Orrington: 234 years of history, distinct villages, beautiful natural resources, excellent schools, numerous businesses, churches and organizations and friendly people.
The week-long celebration will be filled with exciting events the whole family will enjoy. Festivities begin Friday, July 15 and conclude on Sonday, July 24.
The week will begin with the famous Endless Yard Sale Friday through Sunday, July 15-17. Bargain hunters from throughout Maine descend on Orrington to search for treasures at the 100-plus yard sales all over town. Treasure hunter maps listing all the yard sales will be available at local stores and online.
During the week of celebration, area businesses and organizations will host a variety of events around town with something going on every day!
2022 Event List ... Many more to come!
• Library Photography Contest (all week)
• Library Used Book Sale (all week)
• Library "Oceans of Possibilities" Paddle Auction (all week)
• New "Oceans of Possibilities" StoryWalk on the XC trails
• Endless Yard Sale (July 15-17)
• Masonic Hall All-You-Can-Eat Pancake Breakfast (July 16)
• Family Scavenger Hunt at Fields Pond Audubon (July 16)
• OHS Indoor Yard Sale (July 15-16)
• FUMCO Indoor Yard & Craft Fair (July 15-17)
• Curran Village Very Big Yard Sale (July 15-17, 23-24)
• Curran Village Open Days (all Week)
• FUMCO Hot Dog lunch (July 16)
• Sedgeunkeduck Regatta (July 17)
• New Orrington Signs unveiled (July 18)
• Curran Village Kids History Camp (July 18-22)
• East Orrington Congregation Church's Supper (July 19)
• Ed Thomas Ventrilquist Show at OHS Grange (July 19)
• Orrington Citizen of the Year (July 19)
• Ice Cream Social/Kids Day at Center Church (July 21)
• Patriotic & Hymn Sing-along at Center Church (July 22)
• Watch the Tall Ships sail up the Penobscot (July 22)
• Pancake Breakfast & Open House at the Public Safety
Building (July 23)
• Curran Village Open House & Bean Supper (July 23)
• Watch the Tall Ships sail down the Penobscot (July 24)
• 4-Port Loop self-guided tours (all week)